Tuesday, April 18, 2017

#RWWChallenge - Week 3

I'm a day late posting because this long weekend has me all turned around.

For those of you just seeing this series, I'm taking part in a month long challenge on Twitter by Round The World Writers. Each day I answer a question about my work-in-progress (WIP) on Twitter and on Mondays (usually) I post a roundup of the answers on my blog. Week 1 and Week 2 are available.

So let's get on with Week 3!




Day 11 - My current WIP is contemporary and set in a city. I'm still undetermined as to which city. I worry about marketability if I make it a Canadian one.

Day 12 - No favourite line comes to mind immediately. I do like banter so there is some of that in this WIP. I haven't gotten my hands dirty in edits yet to know the MS (manuscript) well enough to choose a line off the top of my head.

Day 13 - My protagonist's biggest secret is that she's lonely. She's a window and a single mom who believes she's too busy with parenting and work to have a relationship of any sort.

Day 14 - One of the hardest scenes to write is when my protagonist is trapped in a house with someone she's trying to help and they have to fight their way out. I struggled for days with that scene since I just wasn't feeling it. I ended up taking it as far as I could and then wrote, "and they escape." I'll fix it in edits and probably curse my past self for not finishing it.

Day 15 - I don't have a daily word count since I finished the 0 draft of this MS last week. I'm getting ready to embark on edits.

Day 16 - I didn't get around to posting this one on Twitter unfortunately. I'd love for Anne Rice to do a blurb for my book one day. Though I'd be happy if any author took the time to blurb my book.

Day 17 - Planning? I laugh in the face of planning! Not really. Being a pantser, there's not a lot of planning that goes into my 0 drafts. I did make a few notes before starting and kept a document with some thoughts as I wrote.

That's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment