Monday, August 31, 2015

Rising To The Challenge

When I saw that I'd been nominated for a challenge that read 7x7x7x7, I was worried. I hadn't heard of it and thought, what am I in for this time (having visions of the ALS challenge that went around). Thankfully, this one was easy. I was nominated by Jen DeLuca who I've become acquainted with on Twitter.

For those nominated, you need to go to the seventh line of the seventh page on your WIP. Post the next seven lines on your blog (if you don't have a blog, I'd be happy to host your entry). Once you've done that, tag seven writers to do the same.

That said...here's seven lines from the siren short story that I'm working on (it still doesn't have a title).


Charis’s stomach rumbled. She leaned against the wall on the other side of the narrow room and crossed her arms in an effort to keep still. Her hunger increased almost to the point of pain when she looked at the door that led to the other room. The men her sisters had chosen were on the other side and a recording of Charis’s voice crooned from behind the door to keep them subdued. She’d successfully guessed a couple of the men her sisters picked. They each had their preferences and having watched them for years, Charis knew their tastes.

Charis was anxious to sample the locals on this side of the country.



Now I will tag seven writers on Twitter so they can participate in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment